Thursday, November 06, 2008

All good things... (the end of the St Jacobs summer sausage)

Well, it is with a heavy heart that I mention that the end of the St Jacobs summer sausage is nigh. The penultimate slice will soon be taken from the stump, and there will be no more possible forthwith. I will fondly remember our time together.



It is important to remember in these difficult times that these things we eat are never lost. They become a part of us and we carry them far into the future.

I am not joking when I say I think I am having withdrawal symptoms. Since I got it, I'd been having about a slice a day and then I slowed recently as I saw the train light at the end of the tunnel... and I think I feel a difference. Maybe it's lower blood pressure :)

Anyway, I am really wondering about going out to get another one. All kinds of rationalizations are taking place...

Technorati: , ,

No comments: